We can all agree having a strong social media presence is essential for success in today’s digital world. But creating and sharing content on it can be another effective way to increase your visibility online, which in turn helps improve your SEO. In this article, we look at how social media impacts SEO, how to create a media plan, and tips for advancing your organic rankings.
Understanding how social media impacts SEO is crucial for developing a successful online presence. Algorithms take into account social signals when determining your organic visibility. This means that when people share, comment on, or like your content, search engines recognize it as relevant and valuable, and therefore you are more likely to appear higher in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
These social signals can also act as backlinks, providing further support to increase your rankings organically.
Organic SEO results are often driven by the strategic use of social media. Use this breakdown to build a social strategy framework that drives organic SEO results using social media.
Before you start creating your social media marketing strategy, it’s crucial to have a clear understanding of what you intend to accomplish. Do you want to increase brand awareness? Generate more leads or sales? Improve customer loyalty? You can achieve these goals through a well-crafted social media campaign, so have an idea of what you’re trying to achieve before diving in.
Knowing your audience is key when it comes time to craft your message and select the platforms on which you will advertise. Are they Millennials? Gen Zers? Baby Boomers? Knowing their ages, interests, income levels, and other demographics gives you a significant advantage in reaching them.
Once you have identified your target audience, it’s time to choose the social media platforms that most effectively reach them. Are they active on Instagram? Do they prefer YouTube videos? Is Twitter the best way to communicate with them? Select the channels most likely to engage your target audience and deliver your message effectively.
Now it’s time to plan out the content you create. Think about what is most effective for engaging your target audience—Images? Videos? News articles? Then, determine how often you’ll post and when. Utilizing a content calendar can help keep you organized and ensure that you’re posting consistently.
One of the most significant benefits of social media is that it allows for easy tracking and measurement of results. To effectively determine the impact of your plan on organic SEO, use tools such as Google Analytics and Social Mention to track key metrics such as page views, followers, engagement, and shares.
After implementing your social media plan, take some time to look back at the results you’ve achieved. Are they what you expected? If not, why not? Consider making adjustments to your strategy to optimize it. Repeat this process as often as needed to ensure your plan works for you and delivers the desired results.
By following these steps, you’ll be well on your way to creating a successful media plan that drives organic SEO results using social media.
A content strategy is essential to improving your search rankings and maximizing social media’s impact on SEO. Here are some expert tips n how to get your content to the top of Google searches:
- Utilize influencers in your target audience to promote your products and services.
- Leverage the power of user-generated content (UGC) by encouraging customers to post reviews and feedback on social media platforms.
- Ensure your posts are SEO optimized by conducting keyword research and using it in content and hashtags.
- Monitor analytics data to understand what type of content performs best on each platform and adjust your social strategy framework accordingly.
- Post regularly to stay top of mind with your followers—aim for at least two posts per day on each platform. And if you create blog posts, be sure to post those across all social media channels often.
- Engage with followers by responding to comments or questions quickly.
- Build relationships with other industry leaders by joining conversations or commenting on their posts.
- Make sure you are active across multiple platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Use visuals such as videos, images, and infographics to capture attention.
- Create content that is engaging, informative and entertaining. Research search terms and queries used by your targets and use them to shape your content and social media marketing strategy as a whole.
- Leverage influencers to help spread your message and reach a larger audience.
With nearly three decades of experience in the public relations industry, Bender knows what it takes to create a media plan for clients across the food and beverage, medical, technology, restaurant, and business industries. Our team leverages social media’s impact on SEO to bring awareness to your brand across a wide range of platforms. We do this through expertise and experience with influencer marketing and social strategy planning.
Reach out to Bender today to schedule your complimentary consultation with our founder, Stacy Bender, to discuss your social strategy framework and how it can move your organic rankings to the top of search engines.
Share This Post
More Blogs Like This
The Bender Group is a boutique public relations firm that combines the strongest elements of traditional PR with innovative techniques to consistently secure top-tier media placement for our clients.